- Saves $$ ~ With Meal Prepping/Planning you know exactly what foods you will need to buy creating a check list when you are at the store eliminating impulse buys. Plus, you can incorporate the use of coupons and weekly specials. However, my favorite benefit to meal prepping/planning is the amount of $$$ you SAVE on NOT eating out or making a quick stop for a snack because you are bored. :-)
- Saves Time Making Eating on-the-go Easy ~ Meal prepping/planning is a great way to plan ahead for long trips with the family or friends. Plus, it gives you the benefit of FREE time to use as you please; like enjoying a book in the afternoon or a cup of coffee before kids get up in the morning. Trust me, opening the fridge to see meals already packed is a true blessing when it comes to time management.
- Healthier Eating Habits ~ When meals are planned out you end up with a more balanced, nutritious diet. You avoid eating out and eliminate purchasing or eating wasteful, processed foods.
- Portion Control ~ Meal planning/prepping teaches you how to eye correct portion sizes helping you to avoid over eating.
- Controls Comfort Eating ~ When we eat according to a plan feeding our body whole foods full of nutrients, we can overcome the need to eat because we are bored or for comfort. Plus, eating a well balance diet keeps that includes 6 small meals a day our body is fully nourished so our craving diminish.
- Balanced Meals ~ Meal prepping/planning elevates the stress of "What's for Dinner" or "There is nothing in the house to eat" because your fridge will ALWAYS be stock with whole foods that are healthier options for a light snack or full meal. Plus, home-cooked meals are lower in sodium/salt, trans fats and most importantly calories!
- Weight Control ~ Whether your goal is to gain/loss or maintain weight, meal prepping can help you reach your goals. With meal prepping/planning you know ahead of time what each meal will consist of allowing you to choose healthier food options depending on you health/fitness goals. Plus, meal prepping/planning allows you to visualize the foods you put into your body, this is important because we can then learn how different foods effect our energy levels and overall moods. Keep in mind that it is very important to listen to your body.
***Get FIT Bonus: Check Out a few of my FAVS that help make Meal Prepping & Planning Fun!