Benefits of Strength Training:
- Builds & Tones Muscle Mass
- Protects & Increases Bone Density
- Helps Maintain Weight and Increase Weightloss
- Helps Improve Body Mechanics & Core Strength
- Plays a Role in Disease Prevention
- Boosts Energy Levels & Overall Mood
Types of Strength Training:
- Kettlebell - Kettlebell exercises are a great way to incorporate core, strength and cardiovascular training together for a full body workout. Kettlebell exercises target ALL major muscle groups, increase core stability, simplify your workout & time. **Always consult with a certified trainer before starting a Kettlebell Exercise Program
- Weight Machines - Weight Machines are a GREAT place to start when incorporating strength training into an exercise program. Weight Machines are easy to use, provide guided movement and reduce the risk of injury. **Remember to read the instructions on each machine before use. If you are new to a particular machine, do not be afraid to ask for assistance.
- Isolated or Free Weights (Dumbells/Barbells) - Free Weight Exercises increase stability/core/balance, provide a wide range of motion similar to our daily life activities and are versatile allowing for a variety of different exercises targeting various muscle groups or isolated muscles. Free weights are inexpensive, portable (use at the gym/home/office/outdoors) and take up little space (easy to store). Consult with a fitness instructor before using Free Weights for proper form to prevent injury.
- Body Weight Movements - You do not need a fancy gym membership to incorporate strength training. Body Weight Movements such as Push-Ups, Squats, Lunges, Sit-Ups, and Jumping Jacks are a fast, inexpensive way to increase your overall body strength using body weight/mechanics and can be done from anywhere, anytime!
Strength Training equals Calories Burned! Not only do you burn calories during a strength training session, but continue to burn calories post-workout. Strength training is a great way to increase metabolic rate which will help burn more calories throughout the day, increase lean muscle mass and give you more energy to achieve and maintain your weight-loss or fitness goals. Regardless of what your short or long term fitness goals are, strength training is a key part of any daily activity or exercise program providing the body and mind with long-term health benefits!
***Always consult with a health professional before starting any strength training exercise program.